Here are some reasons why:
1. Overwhelm: When you feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to place items, they tend to accumulate, creating a sense of overwhelm in your mind and body. This can hinder forward progress and make it challenging to find a starting point.
2. Lack of Time Allocation: Failing to allocate time to tidy up after completing tasks can result from factors like time blindness, a shortage of time, lack of motivation, or the pressures of daily life. This can leave you feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about where to even begin.
3. Lack of Motivation and Energy: When you lack the motivation, energy, or interest to put things away, items pile up and contribute to a sense of overwhelm.
4. Excess Possessions: Owning too many items for the size of your home without a designated place for everything makes it difficult to put things away without considerable thought and energy.
5. Emotional Attachment: Developing an emotional attachment to items can make it challenging to let go. If this attachment extends to numerous items, clutter can accumulate and become overwhelming.
6. Decision-Making Challenges: Feeling overwhelmed and unsure about where to start or how to make decisions about which items are important can make the decluttering process daunting. Seeking assistance from friends and family is helpful, but their perspectives may introduce additional complexities.
Declutter Coaching provides valuable support and guidance to take action and engage in self-reflection, enabling positive changes in your life. It offers a collaborative approach to tackling clutter and creating a more organised and fulfilling environment.